We covered variables today, using them to try and track the game score and lives left.
What went well:
- Everyone was interested in variables and most got this idea
- Behaviour was much improved today, the kids really got down to the task quickly
- One of the students discovered the music blocks and created some pretty cool rhythms.
What could be improved?
- We had a two week gap, and a few of the kids have forgotten most of what we learnt before!
- Not all kids have Scratch at home, so I've written a letter to go out to the parents: Get the kids using Scratch at home
- I'm still teaching only 8 kids, but there are many more in the school that want to take part.
- Some kids clearly know what they are doing now, so could help run the club?
- If we can have good behaviour and a recognition program so that we know when we have new trainers ready then I think this could work.