- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar (this makes it easier to whisk the whites)
- 100g honey (or caster sugar)
- 30g ground almonds
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250g shredded or desiccated coconut
How to make
- Set oven to 160ºC
- Beat the egg whites until frothy, then add the cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks are formed
- Add the honey and continue wisking until the peaks hold their shape
- Fold in the almonds, salt, extract and coconut - you should end up with a slightly wet mix, but stiff enough to hold its shape when you do the next step
- Form into little mounds about 5cm across on some baking parchment, you should get about 10 or so
- Cook for 15 mins initially and check, they should be nicely golden in parts, add another few minutes if not done.
More things to try
- Drizzle with some melted dark chocolate - something like Lindt 70%.